Zoeken in deze blog

maandag 21 mei 2012

Tuiles Viennoises by an amateur

Woken up too early for a day like this, no work or school duties to think about. My only tast today is do the groceries and the shops are not open at 7 am. What to do, then? 


I can't keep myself from messing around in the kitchen on moments like this. I took a look in my cooking library and decided to make peanut butter biscuits. 
Problem was that there wasn't any peanut butter in the house. That's so me - not checking at first what's needed and just starting off. 


As I'd already started mixing the butter and sugar, I had to change plans quickly. I was looking in a cooking book of Le Cordon Bleu, the famous international culinary school. Luckily the book mentioned also a recipe of chocolate sprits or tuiles viennoises.



Ingredients for 10-12 sprits:
- 120 grams butter
- 50 grams white sugar
- 1 egg
- 175 grams flour
- vanilla essence
- 100 grams chocolate

How to:
Mix the butter with the sugar. Add the egg and the vanilla essence. When they've been mixed through, you can add the flour. The dough should be really smooth. 

I set off and mixed all the ingredients just like prescribed, that's not hard. 
Then came the next obstacle on my road to baking sprits: sprits need to be squeezed from a pastry bag on the baking tray. That's quite difficult for me, having no parstry bag in the house. But with a plastic bag and scissors, you can do it just fine. I put all of the dough in the bag and cut a small hole in one of the corners. You don't have these fancy shapes like with a professional pastry bag, but yeah ... the taste won't change, right?




I just needed to bake them in a 200°C oven (preheated) for about ten minutes and they were ready. They were slightly golden. The shape was not al all the one I'd intended of course. I blame the plastic bag!


Now, sprits have this chocolate dipped end, but I decided to turn the biscuits around so that their flat side was up, and I covered these with the molten chocolate.


They are not as fancy as the ones you see in the books, but taste matters :)

Bon appétit! 






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten