Zoeken in deze blog

vrijdag 15 juni 2012

Petit beurre cake

Petit beurre cake is the most nostalgic recipe I can imagine. My grandmother has been making it for ages. She makes them as a big cake, from which you can cut pieces off. But I made smaller, individual cakes. With the different coloured plates they look funny too!


The reason I made them is because of my dad. He complained that I made too many strange dishes. I had to return back to traditional meals for him. This week I did so, and as this is the dessert his mother makes for family parties, I guess he'll like it.



It's the easiest way to make a dessert. 

Ingredients for 5 4-layer cakes:
- 20 petit beurre biscuits
- 250 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- coffee (or milk for children and people that don't like the coffee taste) for dipping
- a pinch of cocoa powder
- chocolate sprinkles

How to:
Stir the butter until soft. Now add the sugar and the cocoa powder, mix it with the butter until it's completely incorporated. 


Dip a biscuit in the coffee or milk. Put it on the plate. Spread some of the butter mixture on top. Repeat this until you have used up all biscuits and all of the butter mixture.
Put the chocolate sprinkles to decorate. 
Store in the fridge until you serve.

Smakelijk!

P.S.: Don't start counting the calories here! It's a very rich and heavy snack, but you can't be strict for yourself all the time :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten