Zoeken in deze blog

maandag 18 juni 2012

Trying my new oven ramequins: chicken and vegetable pot pies


I was in Antwerp last week with my mum and one of her best friends. We visited the fashion museum there, the MoMu: www.momu.be. There was an exhibition of women's clothing in the period 1750-1950 (Een leven in mode from the collection of Jacoba de Jonge). It was amazingly beautiful to see all these dresses. I was dreaming of myself wearing one of those, even though they must have felt like a prison in disguise with the corsage and hoop skirt.  
The museum, and this exhibition especially is worth visiting!

After enjoying the good weather on the Vrijdagsmarkt, with a delicious sandwich at Cafe Camino ( http://www.facebook.com/antwerpencafecamino), we went for a stroll through the city center.

We came across the Dille en Kamille shop, and as we all love the shop, we went in. Of course we didn't come out empty handed! I found 4 ramequins that I wanted for ages to make individual pies for everyone at home.

Their first use was for making chicken pot pies. I'd seen so many recipes, but I made my own version of it. I added rosemary and vegetables for more taste.

Ingredients for 4 ramequins:
- 1 full chicken breast (400 grams), in very small pieces
- 1 small zuchini, in very small pieces
- 1 large carrot, in very small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- butter or oil for frying
- pepper and salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- spoonful of chicken spices
- 1 tabelspoon of flour
- 2 dl cream
- 1 roll of pastry 
- 1 egg yolk

How to:
Heat the butter or oil in a skillet and fry the carrot, zuchini, and chicken pieces. Season them with the herbs (rosemary and chicken spices) and the salt and pepper. 
Make sure the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are softened.


Then spread the flour on top of them. Quickly turn it around so that all of the ingredients have been covered. Then pour the cream. Stir thoroughly.
Then spoon the filling you've prepared into the buttered ramequins. 



Cover the filling with the pastry and use the yolk for a nice golden shine on top while baking. As you can see, I decorated each pie with our own initial (M, N, J & I). Unfortunately, there was no one who noticed it when I served them, so it was all work for nothing ... ;)


The only thing that remains is baking the chicken pot pies at 230°C for about 45 minutes.

I served them with fries and salad. 

Delicious!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten